Certificate in On-site Seated Massage - 1 day course - £130
This course is suitable for qualified therapists only, with an NVQ Level 3 in A&P and Massage such as ITEC or VTCT. You must sign a form to confirm that you hold A&P and Massage qualifications as required and are professionally insured.
The On-Site Seated Massage course is accepted by the FHT as post graduate and awarded 10 CPD points.
As therapists, we need to create opportunities to earn and being able to offer massage treatments in offices, exhibitions, conferences, departure lounges, fairs and events and many other situations increases those opportunities.
Inspire’s On-site Seated Massage course will provide therapists with the skills to safely offer an effective clothed massage to a wide variety of people either as regular ‘in-work’ situations or as an introduction to the benefits of massage.
This fun one-day Seated Massage Course will show you;
- How to safely assess a client for On-site Seated Massage suitability and check contraindications in a client history
- How you can deliver a thorough and effective clothed massage, with variation in pressures depending on your clients’ needs and without wear and tear on you
- Correct body use, posture and breathing to enable you to keep doing what you do best and increase your earning potential at the same time
- A full treatment sequence, which you can take straight to the workplace as well as being able to incorporate some of the movements into your current work
- An introduction to the principles of Anma, acupressure points and the origins of seated massage
During the day, we’ll give you;
- Practical tuition, with clear demonstrations of course material, broken down section by section to make it easier to follow and learn
- A comprehensive manual to support your ongoing learning
- The opportunity to give and receive a full treatment, which is important in seeing how the whole massage can fit together. Guidance will be given from the tutor as students work from notes under close supervision
- Time for questions on how to best put the disciplines into practice
This course provides classic portable techniques that should be in all massage therapists’ portfolios and is a true learn and earn course.
Course times: 10am to 5.30pm
View and book available dates for this course
‹- previous page