Certificate in Pregnancy Massage - 1 day course - £130
This course is suitable for qualified therapists only, with an NVQ Level 3 in A&P and Massage such as ITEC or VTCT. You must sign a form to confirm that you hold A&P and Massage qualifications as required and are professionally insured.
The Pregnancy Massage course is accepted by the FHT as post graduate and awarded 10 CPD points.
We can all see the positive side of pregnancy; “congratulations”, “great news”. Life is taking an exciting new turn….. and with that turn can come the odd aching muscle and bit of fluid, along the way.
Pregnancy massage is great for relieving muscle tension as well as aches and pains. Lymph drainage helps to clear swelling in the hands and feet and both anxiety and blood pressure can be reduced.
Our one day Pregnancy Massage Course has been written by a tutor who has specialised in ante and post natal massage and mother and baby care for over fifteen years.
Inspire Pregnancy Massage Course Structure:
- Introduction to the tutor and other students and the whole concept of pregnancy massage
- An understanding of what is happening to mum’s body during pregnancy
- Safe techniques to use at different stages of pregnancy and how to get your client comfortable.
- Correct pressures – many therapists are cautious about using deep touch as it may damage mother or baby, but we’ll show you the safe methods of applying pressure using your body weight.
- How to create a treatment for the whole body, putting together the techniques learned during the day into a flowing massage sequence.
- A full manual with step by step photos.
- An explanation of contraindications and treatment safety.
- Practical tuition with clear demonstrations of course material, broken down section by section to make it easier to follow and learn.
- The opportunity to give and receive a full treatment which is important in seeing how the whole massage can fit together. Guidance will be given from the tutor as students work from notes under close supervision.
- Discussion – Question and Answer time.
Course times: 10am to 5.30pm
View and book available dates for this course
‹- previous page