Advanced Bodywork for Lower Back, Pelvis & Legs - 2 day course - £210
This course is suitable for qualified massage therapists only, with an NVQ Level 3 in A&P and Massage such as ITEC or VTCT. You must sign a form to confirm that you hold A&P and Massage qualifications as required and are professionally insured.
Stuck in a basic-massage rut? It’s time to increase your repertoire of techniques and give yourself a pocket full of tricks that will both amaze and impress your clients, as well as improving your own understanding and development.
The lower back, pelvis and legs present a huge number of conditions which can be treated with remedial techniques by a massage therapist. However, many of us simply don’t have the advanced skills required to treat such conditions and have to refer our clients on. This course will teach you the skills needed to understand and treat these conditions, so decreasing the need to refer on.
From sustained soft tissue mobilisation to cross fibre frictions, from soft tissue release to muscle energy techniques, from neuromuscular tension techniques to effective passive stretching…learn how to use these techniques specifically for this area.
Learn how to treat the pelvis, lower back and legs effectively, efficiently and with lasting results.
This very practical two day course will teach you:
- Advanced anatomy of the affected area, essential if you are to know what to treat and why
- How to identify the source of the problem with a comprehensive case history specific to the area in question
- Advanced techniques for tissue healing, including sustained soft tissue mobilisation and cross fibre frictions
- Advanced techniques for stubborn tension, including soft tissue release and muscle energy techniques
- Common disorders and symptoms of the lower back including; sciatica, referred back pain, joint hyper and hypo mobility syndromes
- Common disorders of the hip and gluteal muscles and how they can impact on the lower back
- Common knee injuries and how to treat them
- The importance of active and passive stretching in maintaining a correct posture and preventing injuries
- Homecare tips specific to this area
- Red flags and when to refer on to other healthcare providers
Course times: 10am to 5.30pm
View and book available dates for this course
‹- previous page