Certificate in Thai Herb Compress Massage - 1 day course - £130
This course is suitable for qualified therapists only, with an NVQ Level 3 in A&P and Massage such as ITEC or VTCT. You must sign a form to confirm that you hold A&P and Massage qualifications as required and are professionally insured.
This course is accepted by the FHT as post graduate and awarded 10 CPD points.
Be one of the first few therapists in the UK to offer this exciting aromatic treatment, which dates back to the origins of Oriental medicine. The idea brings together two of the oldest and greatest remedies, herbs from which all medicines are derived and massage which is the basis of all bodywork. These techniques can be incorporated into massage treatments that you already offer or used as a stand alone treatment that will be taught on the course.
With a growing interest in the west for Oriental medicine it is increasingly important for therapists to have a working knowledge of eastern treatment types if we are to stay up to date with our clients’ requirements and expectations.
Herbs are not only an essential part of Thai medicine but also an every day part of Thai life, and are used in traditional Thai healing for their energising and balancing effects on the body.
The fantastic array of Thai treatments have always been the preserve of traditional rural practitioners in northern Thailand, only later spreading across to other areas of the country, whilst their benefits still remained unknown to us in west. Following our extensive travel through Thailand and amazing experiences of the benefits of all Thai medicine has to offer we are proud to be one of the first to unveil the secrets of this ancient art.
The treatments are based not only on herbal tradition, but also incorporate the central pillar of Oriental medicine, the SEN lines. For the ancients, these lines formed a map of what we now know as the nervous system and can be treated directly using the traditional herb balls, which are first heated in steamers. The herb balls, which are made in Thailand, are filled with a fantastic array of aromatic herbs for a variety of therapeutic purposes. These can help with ailments such as, stiff, sore or pulled muscles and ligaments, back pain, arthritis, chronic pain or injury, digestive dysfunction, migraines, and chronic stress or anxiety.
In this dynamic and practical one-day certificated course, we’ll give you an insight into Thai medicine and culture, as well as a thorough practical training into the safe and effective treatment of Thai herb compress massage.
Inspire Thai Herb Compress Massage Course Structure:
- Introduction to the tutor, other students and the exciting concept of Thai herb compress massage
- An overview of the origins of Eastern medical treatment, including understanding of the Sen energy lines, benefits and properties of herbs and contraindications.
- A sound knowledge of the safe use of equipment necessary to meet relevant health and safety considerations.
- The ability to adapt pressure and personalise your treatments whilst maintaining good posture yourself
- Lots of handy hints for promoting this fantastic treatment
- Detailed course manuals for each student, including information on Thai herb compress massage that can be used on promotional material, contraindications to treatment, relevant anatomy and physiology and step by step treatment notes and photos.
- Practical tuition with clear demonstrations of course material, broken down section by section to make it easier to follow and learn.
- Full treatment practise with the opportunity to give and receive a treatment which is important in seeing how the whole massage can fit together. Guidance will be given from the tutor as students work from notes under close supervision.
- Discussion – Question and Answer time!
Course times: 10am to 5.30pm
View and book available dates for this course
‹- previous page