Trigger Point Releases - 1 day course - £130
The Trigger Point Release course is suitable for qualified massage therapists only, with an NVQ Level 3 in A&P and Massage such as ITEC or VTCT. You must sign a form to confirm that you hold A&P and Massage qualifications as required and are professionally insured.
“Highly irritable localised spots of exquisite tenderness” and a highly irritable issue for bodywork therapists!
Trigger points are an extremely common cause of musculoskeletal pain, either directly as active sites or indirectly as latent points which build up over time causing a great deal of pain. Either way they are a common presentation across client populations and nearly all of your clients will have them somewhere, be they glaringly obvious or hidden away!
Therefore it is simply essential as therapist you know what trigger points are, how to find them and most importantly how to effectively treat them.
The practical one day Certificate in Trigger Point Release will teach you;
- What trigger points are and the current research behind them
- The physiology and classification of trigger points
- Physical findings and how to assess for them
- General treatment techniques and what other therapists can add to treatment
- Hands on therapy for trigger points including
- Inhibition ischaemic compression techniques
- Deep stroking techniques
Course times: 10am to 5.30pm
View and book available dates for this course
‹- previous page